EETech is privately owned and globally recognized as one of the fastest-growing media companies in the electronics industry—and we run some of the most well-known digital engineering communities in the world. Our mission at EETech is to help engineers engineer the future. Headquartered in Boise, Idaho, we focus on providing an environment that establishes a work-life balance with a healthy culture of shenanigans and fun!
We’re looking for a Junior Editor to manage contract writers and edit highly-technical news content with our editorial team on our sites All About Circuits, EEPower, and Control Automation. Our sites publish content on the electrical engineering innovations that shape our world. This includes leading-edge processors, next-generation wireless communication, and advanced sensors that are used in everything from autonomous vehicles and smartphones to gaming systems and virtual reality displays.
This role requires a detail-oriented person to support a dynamic editorial team publishing technical content for electrical engineers around the world. You will need to be able to manage multiple freelance engineers and content projects with daily and weekly deadlines. This role supports content creation on All About Circuits, maintains relationships with writers, and requires meticulous organization.
An average workday for a Junior Editor includes:
- Copy editing (for flow, clarity, and accuracy)
- Formatting and CMS entry
- Communication with writers
- Collaboration with fellow editors, including those on other EETech sites
- Organizing workflows
The defining qualities of the right person for this job are attention to detail and a love of good content. This person is a life-long learner and is excited by the chance to create high-quality content for an audience of technical experts.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in English, journalism, or related field of study
- Basic copy-editing skills
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Positive, collaborative attitude and driven work ethic
- Researching skills
- Technical writing
- Experience with ExpressionEngine and other CMS programs
- Experience with or the ability to learn organizational platforms and G-Suite
- Basic graphic design skills
- 15 days of paid time off annually
- 9 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA, Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- MacBook workstation
- Hybrid home/office option in the heart of downtown Boise
Please email your resumé and a cover letter to [email protected] to apply