We’re looking for two Junior Editors to manage contract writers, edit technical content, and oversee editorial projects for two of our websites, All About Circuits and Control Automation.
This role requires a detail-oriented person to support a dynamic editorial team publishing technical content for electrical engineers around the world.
You will need to be able to manage multiple freelance engineers and content projects with daily and weekly deadlines. This role drives editorial on the assigned domain, maintains long-term relationships with industry points-of-contact, and requires meticulous organization.
An average workday for a junior editor includes:
- Research and topic ideation
- Communication with writers—some of the best people you’ll ever meet!
- Collaboration with fellow editors, both on All About Circuits, Control Automation and other EETech sites
- Substantive editing and copy editing (for flow, clarity, and accuracy)
- Organizing workflows
- Interviewing industry experts (on occasion)
From news to technical articles, the right person seeks a high caliber of editing detail and can strategize evergreen technical content for a niche audience. The ideal candidate is familiar with the engineering industry or has enjoyed working with SMEs and engineers previously.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in English, journalism, or related field of study
- 3+ years of professional writing and editing experience
- Ability to interview subject-matter experts in a technical field
- Outstanding copyediting skills
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Project management experience
- Exceptional organization and ability to prioritize under pressure
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Positive, collaborative attitude and driven work ethic
- Proven researching skills
- Technical writing
- Experience with ExpressionEngine and other CMS programs
- Experience with or the ability to learn organizational platforms and G-Suite
- Basic graphic design skills
- SEO knowledge – bonus points
- Experience with automation and control systems – bonus points if you’ve worked with engineers in the past
- Salary range: Commensurate with experience
- 13 business days of PTO, 6 holidays (Thanksgiving + extra day & Christmas + 2 extra days)
- Medical, dental, vision, HSA/FSA, life insurance, 401(k)
- MacBook workstation
- Fun downtown Boise office environment (ping-pong, Nerf guns, hover-board, office snacks)