EETech is Looking for a Well-Rounded Writer and Editor!
EETech is privately owned and globally recognized as one of the fastest-growing media companies in the electronics media industry—with some of the largest websites in the world. Headquartered in Boise, Idaho, we focus on providing an environment that establishes a work-life balance with a healthy culture of excitement and fun!
We’re looking for an editor with exceptional writing skills and attention to detail. This role, focused on news article creation for All About Circuits, will allow you to exercise your writing and editing skills, as well as topic research and interviewing.
While the basics of this job are relatively straightforward, we’re looking for someone who is eager to gain new skills and be adaptable in the face of new tasks and projects. Our industry is technical in nature, centering around the technology and products that impact the electrical engineering sphere. Because we work with so many different types of content, this position is perfect for someone who wants the ability to grow into a larger role with time. From content ideation to writer management, there are many directions in which this position could evolve.
- Editing news articles (copyediting, editing for clarity and structure, fact checking, etc.)
- Writing news articles (breaking news, assessments of industry trends, interviews, etc.)
- CMS entry, including formatting according to a style guide
- Coordinating with writers through written communications
- Organizing a news editorial calendar
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in English, journalism, or related field of study
- 2-5+ years of writing and editing experience
- Journalism background
- Engineering/Maker background (bonus points for both journalism and electronics experience)
- Proficiency in various content management systems
- Audience research/marketing
We want someone who isn’t afraid to ask questions and to offer creative solutions. You will be joining a content team that is driven first by serving our readers and second by following data and industry best practices. Our standards for publication are high so we need someone who can match our dedication to producing the best content possible.
If you’re interested in a job that requires creativity, attention to detail, and solid writing and editing skills, you may be perfect for this position.
- Very competitive pay
- PPO or HSA health insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- MacBook workstation
- Free coffee and office snacks/drinks
- Downtown Boise location
- Work with some of the biggest names in the electrical engineering arena
- Fun office atmosphere (ping-pong, office corgi, Nerf guns, hoverboard)
- Supportive team environment
This is a full-time position based in our Boise, ID office.
Please send us your resume and a brief cover letter detailing why you would be the perfect fit for this position to [email protected]