Talent Acquisition Specialist
EETech is privately owned and globally recognized as one of the fastest-growing media companies in the electronics media industry—with some of the largest digital communities for engineers in the world. Headquartered in Boise, Idaho, we focus on providing an environment that establishes a work-life balance with a healthy culture of excitement and fun!
EETech is seeking a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our Human Resources team and oversee full-cycle internal hiring and freelancer recruitment globally. This position also partners with senior leadership to identify internal hiring needs, oversees and leads internal teams and candidates through the full-cycle interviewing and onboarding process of new hires to our dynamic teams. This role reports directly to the Human Resources Manager.
This hybrid position works closely with the editorial team by globally sourcing engineers and SMEs to create educational and professional content across multiple digital platforms, like All About Circuits and Control.com. This position will also assist in the recruitment of engineers to create content for our client team, partnering with billion-dollar companies to create a wide variety of written and visual digital content.
Essential Job Functions:
- Full-cycle hiring for internal, full-time positions; mostly marketing, sales, video, editorial, SEO, and administrative teams
- Globally source and recruit industry experts through online channels to expand our talent pool across multiple platforms, including All About Circuits and Control Automation
- Partner with hiring managers to ensure the needs of the department, the requirements and expectations of the position align with business initiatives.
- Source and recruit candidates using a variety of outlets, such as job postings and social media, while effectively targeting the right kinds of candidates for the job.
- Develop relationships with prospective talent and seek out creative new ways of sourcing talent.
- Educate prospective authors on the content publication process and guiding them through the topic proposal, outline, and draft review pipeline with editorial staff acting as hiring managers
- Create copy for social media ads, web pages, and cold messages to recruit and reach new contributors
- Manage inbound and outbound lead documentation within platforms Monday, Google Drive, and Trello
- Support editors in their efforts to retain and engage their current roster of contributors
- Lead Contributor Community retention initiatives (t-shirts, gift cards, etc.)
- Ensure an excellent candidate experience for both full-time and contract candidate
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Background utilizing non-conventional recruiting and retention methods to establish meaningful connections with people
- Keen understanding of the different strengths desired for various roles and niches, especially within the engineering industry
- Self-directed; able to navigate ambiguity and work independently
- Great interpersonal and collaborative skills—customer service mindset of anticipating needs
- Previous professional experience with content development and editorial strategy preferred
- Organized to a fault, from documentation to process management
- Experience working with engineers, tech writers, STEM professionals, or other technical professionals highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a fast paced, rapidly changing and service oriented environment
- Possess the ability to gather, interpret, share and leverage data in order to make better business decisions
Who You Are:
You are someone who thrives in a collaborative environment and values a supportive team. At the same time, you can be trusted to self-motivate and drive your responsibilities forward, even while remaining dynamic and agile in the face of change. You want to assist your colleagues and the experts you recruit just as much as you want to learn from them. You are creative, undaunted by challenges (and the occasional rejections that come with recruiting), and unafraid to introduce new ideas and processes that contribute to your workplace.
You are friendly and capable of maintaining your cool even in tense situations. You solve problems in a methodical way without losing sight of the human element of the interactions you navigate. Finding the perfect fit for the team brings you joy, especially those with an elusive skillset or rare background. Your patience and perceptive ability to empathize with candidates of various personalities and motivations ensure they feel heard and valued. You delight in a job well done and take pride in your part of meaningful projects, especially connecting SMEs for whom creating communities is often notoriously difficult.
You are detail-obsessed, efficient with time and resources, and you are organized to a degree that sometimes earns you gentle ribbing from your peers. You are curious and aim to grow in whatever you do and help your teammates do the same whenever possible. You don’t mind doing research and asking questions to equip yourself with the resources you need.
If this is you, we’d love to meet you.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of equivalent professional experience
- 1-2 years of recruiting, project management, or client management experience
- Experience with community building—either in educational, non-profit, or corporate environments
- Salary range: $45k-55k, DOE
- 13 business days of paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, HSA/FSA, life insurance, 401(k)
- MacBook workstation
- Fun downtown Boise office environment (ping-pong, Nerf guns, hoverboard, office snacks)
Please email your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] to apply for this position.