EETech Searching for New Junior Editor for Growing Editorial Team
EETech is privately owned and globally recognized as one of the fastest-growing media companies in the electronics media industry. We run some of the most well-known digital engineering communities in the world. Headquartered in Boise, Idaho, we focus on providing an environment that establishes a work-life balance with a healthy culture of excitement and fun!
Our Editorial Team is searching for a new Junior Editor to manage contract writers, edit technical content, and oversee editorial projects for our newest site, Control Automation.
This role requires a detail-oriented person to support a dynamic editorial team publishing technical content for automation and control systems engineers around the world.
You will need to be able to manage multiple freelance engineers and content projects with daily and weekly deadlines. This role provides our Editor-in-Chief with excellent editorial support, maintains long-term relationships with industry points-of-contact, and requires meticulous organization.
Each piece of content must be edited for flow, clarity, and technical accuracy. From news to technical articles, the right person seeks a high caliber of editing detail and can strategize evergreen technical content for a niche audience.
The ideal candidate is familiar with the engineering industry or has enjoyed working with SMEs and engineers previously.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in English, journalism, or related field of study
- 3+ years of writing and editing experience
- Outstanding copyediting skills
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Project management experience
- Exceptional organization and ability to prioritize under pressure
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Positive attitude and driven work ethic
- Proven researching skills
- Technical writing
- Experience with ExpressionEngine and other CMS programs
- Experience with or the ability to learn organizational platforms and G-Suite
- Basic graphic design skills
- SEO knowledge
- Experience with automation and control systems – bonus points if you’ve worked with engineers in the past
- Salary: $35k-42.5k DOE
- 13 business days of paid time off
- Professional development and training
- Health insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- HSA and FSA plan options
- MacBook workstation
- Free coffee and office snacks/drinks
- Fun office environment (ping-pong, Nerf guns, hoverboard)
- Downtown Boise location
This is a full-time position based in our Boise, ID office.
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter telling us why you would be the perfect fit for this position to [email protected]