EETech is privately owned and globally recognized as one of the fastest-growing media companies in the electronics media industry. We run some of the most well-known digital engineering communities in the world. Headquartered in Boise, Idaho, we focus on providing an environment that establishes a work-life balance with a healthy culture of excitement and fun!
We’re looking for an Editor to manage contract writers, edit technical content, and oversee editorial projects for our website, EE Power.
This role requires a detail-oriented person to support a dynamic editorial team publishing technical content for electrical engineers around the world.
You will need to be able to manage multiple freelance engineers and content projects with daily and weekly deadlines. This role drives editorial on the assigned domain, maintains long-term relationships with industry points-of-contact, and requires meticulous organization.
This is a full-time, in-office position in Boise, Idaho.
An average workday for an Editor includes:
- Research and topic ideation
- Communication with writers — freelance journalists, freelance engineers
- Collaboration with fellow editors on EE Power’s sister sites (All About Circuits, Control Automation, and MakerPro)
- Substantive editing and copy editing (for flow, clarity, and accuracy)
- Organizing workflows
- Interviewing industry experts
From news to technical articles, the right person seeks a high caliber of editing detail and can strategize evergreen technical content for a niche audience. The ideal candidate is familiar with the engineering industry or has enjoyed working with subject matter experts or engineers previously.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in English, journalism, or related field of study
- 3+ years of professional writing and editing experience
- Ability to interview subject-matter experts in a technical field
- Outstanding copy editing skills
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Exceptional organization and ability to prioritize under pressure
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Positive, collaborative attitude and driven work ethic
- Proven researching skills
- Technical Writing
- Familiarity with SEO
- Experience with ExpressionEngine and other CMS programs
- Experience with organizational platforms (such as Monday) and G-Suite ● Basic graphic design skills
- Project Management
- Experience working with freelance writers/ contractors — bonus points if you’ve worked with ESL (English Second Language) writers
- Experience with power engineering technologies — bonus points if you’ve worked with engineers in the past
- Salary range: depends on experience
- 13 PTO days annually
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA, Life Insurance, 401(k) with Match
- MacBook workstation
- Fun downtown Boise office environment
Please email your resumé and a cover letter to [email protected] to apply