Director of Finance
EETech is privately owned and globally recognized as one of the fastest-growing media companies in the electronics industry—and we run some of the most well-known digital engineering communities in the world. Our mission at EETech is to help engineers engineer the future. Headquartered in Boise, Idaho, we focus on providing an environment that establishes a work-life balance with a healthy culture of shenanigans and fun!
We’re looking for a driven, self-motivated Director of Finance to lead the management, oversight, and legal accounting compliance for EETech Group. This position will also develop and fine-tune overall finance strategy, partner with leadership on budgets, and manage a variety of accounting tasks. The accounting tasks include but are not limited to general ledger accounting, reconciliations, and payroll.
As a member of the leadership team, they will partner with department heads on defining and implementing department budgets, and work with executive leadership on overall finance strategy and planning for the company. The Director of Finance will manage the Controller, providing high level guidance and direction to that position, when needed.
This position requires a detail-oriented person with strong analytical skills and a passion for properly streamlined financial processes. Working in a growth-oriented company, this job is well suited to someone who is ready to roll up their sleeves, build out our current processes, and take an active role in the growth of the company.
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements using general ledger accounts
- Accurately perform daily reconciliations of cash, check and credit card transactions
- Supervise and approve AP submissions
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Identify and resolve financial discrepancies
- Complete end of month close procedures
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Review and process expense reports
- Prepare and process payroll
- Calculate commission reports, confirm for accuracy, and submit for payment
- Maintain State Payroll Tax records, benefits, and filings
- Collaborate with HR on relevant billing, compensation, staffing planning, etc.
- Improve and maintain internal accounting procedures
- Complete other accounting tasks as needed
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Assist CPA Firm in the preparation of yearly closings and tax return preparations
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in accounting or finance
- 5+ years’ related experience as an Accountant or equivalent in a corporate environment
- CPA designation, preferred
- Experience implementing financial systems
- Hands-on experience working with general ledgers
- Knowledge of Payroll and Local Sales/Use Tax
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and G-Suite
- Commitment to discretion and confidentiality with regard to company accounts
- Track record of accurate work to the highest standards of accountancy
- Ability to complete work to deadlines with little direct supervision
- Strong critical thinking and mathematical reasoning skills
- Superior organization and verbal communication skills
- 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) annually
- Paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA, Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Hybrid home/office location in the heart of downtown Boise
Please email your resumé and a cover letter to [email protected] to apply