Director of Content
Director of Content
EETech Media is privately owned and globally recognized as one of the fastest-growing media companies in the electronics media industry, running some of the largest digital communities for engineers in the world. Headquartered in Boise, Idaho, we focus on providing an environment that establishes a work-life balance with a healthy culture of excitement and fun.
EETech is seeking a Director of Content to oversee the Editorial Department, both managing internal employees and conducting the operation of content creation across four websites of engineering information.
This position is the head of the editorial team and works closely with a team of editors and the content creators they direct. The role’s core responsibilities revolve around increasing efficiencies for all editorial processes and scaling up a healthy team. Additionally, this role would source engineers and SMEs to create educational and professional content across multiple digital platforms like All About Circuits and Control Automation.
The ideal candidate is obsessive about organization, is level-headed, and wants to be part of a team that thrives on collaboration in service of a common goal. More than anything, this person cares deeply about editorial excellence and is unintimidated by learning how to facilitate good content in a new, technical field.
Essential Job Functions:
- Process control/optimization (efficiencies, documentation)
- Editorial team management (reviews, up-training, team structure, content ideation)
- Oversight of EETech-owned domains (quotas, analytics, site scope, quality control, etc.)
- Budget oversight
- Contractor roster management (hiring, growth, retention)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Process optimization and organization
- Online publishing experience
- Metric tracking and analytics
- Team management
- Editing and copyediting
- Experience working with engineers, tech writers, STEM professionals, or other technical professionals highly desirable
Education and Experience:
- 10 years of managing an editorial team, preference given to experience in engineering fields
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years of active experience as a practicing editor
- Google Analytics certification preferred
- Salary range: Dependent on experience
- 13 PTO Days Annually
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA, Life Insurance, 401(k) W/ Match
- MacBook workstation
- Fun downtown Boise office environment
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]